Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Adventure Race...Fail!

After a rather small amount of deliberation, my team and I decided I was not technically ready to tackle the mountains of Lake Tahoe on my old mountain bike. We all agreed that my lack of experience might actually present a dangerous situation. Since I am the mother of two, head injuries caused by crashing down a mountain are not something that fit easily into my life. So, while it is difficult for me to admit, this one is a fail.

Should I stop exercising and throw in the towel because this didn't give me the result I was hoping for? NO! Time to set a more realistic goal. When I am finished swallowing my pride, I will let you know what that will be.

In the meantime, a good friend of mine, who happens to be a stellar runner, shared some information with me. The LA running club meets in Santa Monica for interval training runs. Check them out on larunnningclub.com. Another great resource is the latriclub.com. They meet for bike rides, runs, and ocean swims. It's a wonderful way to meet other people with healthy habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment