Saturday, September 4, 2010

Adventure Race....update a day late!


First, let me bow down to all of you who mountain bike in the actual mountains! There is a very big difference between being strong enough to tackle an outdoor trail and being brave enough for that trail. I was officially humbled during my ride on Thursday in Malibu. While I only actually fell once during my ride, I came very close to hitting the dirt about five hundred times. I did learn some important lessons about technique, but also discovered my old mountain bike is not even close to being the proper equipment necessary for an adventure race. I will work on the bike issue and keep you posted. In the meantime, my advice for sore muscles and back tightness (I know the problem from personal experience) is to use a foam roller, or take a gentle yoga class. Wish me luck. Time is tight, so we'll see what I can do about the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment